Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Proclaiming Jesus!

 Proclaiming Jesus!


(I realize this might be hard to read--sorry!!)


A few weeks ago, in our in person class on You Are Witnesses of These Things, we put together an incomplete list of our favorite and remembered stories about Jesus.  Why?  Because as Christians, we are called to proclaim the Good News of Jesus.

As we were doing this, it occurred to me, is this what the church proclaims?  Do we proclaim Jesus, or do we, and I use we as a whole Church plural- not Ascension or even Lutheran- do we proclaim something else.  It seems on the news and in the media, we often hear about who is in and who is out.  What does Jesus call sin.  

However, when I look at this list, I have to think we have been getting it wrong!

I believe people want a relationship with Jesus, to know they are loved and cared for.  People also desire to have a higher purpose.  That is what Jesus offers when we look at the gospels--when we look at Jesus!

I'm not saying we ignore the rest of scripture, but as people of faith, it is Jesus in whom I put my trust.  Jesus is the Word, God with us.  

Look over the list we did as a class.  What stories might you add from the stories of Jesus?  Is this what you hear proclaimed by the Church in society?  How might we become better witnesses, proclaimers of Jesus to the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment